Thursday, December 4, 2014

Introduction!!

Since I decided to start a Disney blog, I also decided to start with an introduction to me and my Disney credentials. I have been a Disney fan since I can remember. My Mom was a Disney fan since she was a young girl, and went to Disneyland soon after it opened as a young girl. I have seen every Disney animated movie, short, and toon made for screen that has been let out of the vault since I was a young girl. Every single one. I own nearly all the animated movies, along with many of the live action movies. I watched the Disney channel as a young girl rather religiously. I am familiar still with the current shows they have running on the channel.

I have visited Disneyland more times than I can really account for. I know I have visited at least 14 times that I can count, but there were other times as a child that I probably went that I cannot account for at this moment. Disney World, I have only been twice, and once for just a day, BUT I was very thorough on my second trip to make sure I at least saw all of the park, and stayed at the Pop Century Resort, which I really loved. This next November I will be going back for another thorough trip and the plan is to go on every single ride that I missed the first time around.

That being said, I know far more about Disney World, the rides, the eats, the shows, parades and resorts, than most people. I follow MANY blogs, social media pages, and of course the official Disney sites, and read them all quite thoroughly.

I have a small collection of Disney memorabilia, but don't have room to keep a large collection, so I haven't let it go out of hand. But every time I am near a Disney Store I do a walk through just to see what they have on hand. I buy a memento every time I go to one of the parks.

I am a runDisney participant. I have done the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Ten Miler. I was to do the Wine and Dine Half a few weeks ago, but unfortunately a major knee injury kept that dream from coming to pass. I have deferred my registration to next year. I am participating in the Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend in January, which is pushing me to get back into shape. Not quite where I need to be yet, but I will be able to complete the course one way or another.

I have had lovely, wonderful experiences at the parks. I have had bad, horrible experiences at the parks. Both parks, actually. I love most Disney movies. There are some (well, really, parts of some) movies and cartoons that I don't care for and understand why they were not as successful as other Disney movies.

So. There are some of my credentials. I intend to make this an opinion page, an advice page, a favorites page, and really a whatever I feel like page. The common theme, however, will be Disney.

I hope you enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment